Thursday, January 26, 2006

I am very sorry to the people who check this blog regularly to see if something new is happening in my life, because of my lack of attention to my blog. I know I check some blogs once every few days to see what's going on, and I get frustrated when there is nothing new posted. So here is a post which will hopefully restart my blog life enough to satisfy the visitors, and not so much as to waste my time.
I got a comment about my snowboarding pictures criticizing me wearing my hat and no t a turban, and I am very greatful for it. I was not in my bana representing the Khalsa as I usually do. The only thing in the comment was the qoute from the Rehit Nama, I have not heard this before. But I remembered this Shabad when I thought about it:

Je sukh deh ta tujhahe araadhhee dukh bhee thujhai dhhiaaee 2

If You will bless me with happiness, then I will worship and adore You. Even in pain, I will meditate on You. 2

Je bhukh deh ta it hee raajaa dukh vich sookh manaaee 3
Even if You give me hunger, I will still feel satisfied; I am joyful, even in the midst of sorrow.3

Tan man kaat kaat sabh arapee vich aganee aap jalaaee 4

I would cut my mind and body apart into pieces, and offer them all to You; I would burn myself in fire. 4

5 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger Prabhu Singh said...

I don't know if you know Guru Dharma Singh, but when we used to go snowboarding he used to wear a dumalla, with shasters and everything!
It never stayed on though. The only thing I can get to stay on my head no matter what is a patka. I used to do gymnastics in a patka. When I go snowboarding I wear a ski hat over my patka.
I don't want to loose my turban when skiing or snowboarding. I'm sure you're aware that your ears have to stay covered in that kind of temperature and with the wind. I usually opt to wear a hat over my patka, but if you don't want to wear a hat, then a hood can work sometimes.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Himmat Singh Khalsa said...

Yeah I thought about wearing my dumala while snowboarding, but it would get drenched, it would probably fall off, but it would probably be very warm until it got wet and froze.
But, in actuality I was wearing my turban in that picture, under my hat. But the person who graciously left that comment was right in pointing out the fact that I was covering my identity, although that wasn't my intention, it was apparent in the picture.
Just if I had bought an extrememly big helmet or something, then I could wear my dumala and a helmet so it wouldn't get wet or fall off.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Himmat Singh Khalsa said...

I agree, it was a ridiculous thing to say but I thought, instead of calling that person a fanatic and to shut up that I would relate to them on their level with a few lines from the SGGS. It was just something that popped into my head and I thought it could be a sort of funny and real response.
thanks for the comments, I see that since Gurumustuk discovered my blog I have been getting a lot of visitors and not doing anything with my blog.

 
At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds fanatic. Who cares if you cover your turban for practical purposes, you are still himmat singh khalsa. It is gracious for that person to say, but that seems like a fanatic viewpint to me. Khalsa is khalsa, when youre snowboarding and ou dont want your turban to fall off every second run, why not wear a hat over it to keep warm and keep it on?

 
At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if your dumalla is coming off while snowboarding, i suggest you try new ways of tying your dumalla. We must remember that the dumalla was designed to not come off during war, let alone snowboarding.

and if your dumalla is getting soaked try doing 2 smaller dastars underneath ur dumalla instead of 1.

just my 2 cents

daas
G-Singh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home