Monday, February 20, 2006

Ustaad Surjeet Singh
Raag classes and performances

Starting on Friday, February 17th, there have been classes on Raag Kirtan with Ustaad Surjeet Singh and his nephew Avtar Singh. I used to play the sitar in 11th grade at Miri Piri, but in 12th grade I stopped for studies. I picked it again, and am recovering my lost skills.

Here are some pictures of all the students of the class playing Kirtan in Gurudwara:



Photos courtesy Gurumustuk Singh (my camera)

And a couple pictures of the Raag performance at Shanti Kaur and Tyaga Singh's House:



And Avtar Singh's short performance:


I also got the audio for all of the performances and I will try to post them later once I have edited them.

9 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger Otpreka Singh said...

Waheguru, who exactly is Ustaad Surjit Singh, more specifically where did they get their training from?

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Prabhu Singh said...

The concert and the class were excellent!

 
At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cant wait till u post the audio
..looking forward to hearing it!!!

 
At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have any recordings of the concert by Surjeet singh? If you do hook it up.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Himmat Singh Khalsa said...

Yeah I got a few recordings. I gave them to Sikhnet and forgot to give myself a copy. I will get them and post them though.

 
At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

raviraj singh, are u also a naamdharee?

 
At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe.

 
At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Singh Sahib, I see that some in your group were playing the Sarangi, were they reciting shabads to the accommpaniment of the Sarangi?

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Jatlee said...

surjit singh is awesome and he is such a composed guy if you want recordings i would be happy to give them for free!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home